THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

December 18, 2016

Heart Hurting for Jose

Took my boys for ice cream after Bible Study Fellowship the other night.  Jose took our order and checked us out.  The price:  $7.77.  "Wow," I said to Jose.  "The perfect number!"  Jose's response stunned me.

"Probably means I'll have bad luck," he said dejectedly.  "What??," I replied.  "Yeah, I'll probably die or something," Jose added.

I felt the Spirit immediately move me to look Jose right in the eye, point to him, and declare:  "Jose, God made you special and He loves you very much!"  "Jose, I've got great news for you!  Ever heard the Gospel?"  "No," Jose responded.

That's why Jose battled a depressed spirit and attitude.  He didn't know and thus couldn't believe the Gospel for salvation and for rivers of living water, joy, and peace of the Spirit that Jesus gives to all who come to Him to drink.  My heart hurt for Jose.  And there are so many more like Jose out there.

I had the joy of giving Jose some Gospel tracts that explain how he can know for sure his sins are forgiven and his destiny will be heaven with the God who made him special, loves him dearly, and came down to die for him personally to prove it.  Always carry gospel tracts!

The boys and I tried to follow up with Jose a week later, but he wasn't scheduled that day.  Praying God opened Jose's heart to the Gospel and saved him! Praying God gives me grace to share the Gospel with others more frequently and effectively!

After all, that's what Christmas is all about--"An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. (Luke 2:9-11 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment