THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

December 23, 2012

Good Moral Story or Historical Fact: Lu Learns the Truth About Jesus

When checking out at a local store, I asked Lu, the young Asian employee helping me, if he was ready for Christmas.  That turned our small-talk in the direction I wanted--the Gospel.  I asked if he knew the greatest gift of Christmas.  "What," he asked.  The more I share with young adults, the more I realize how little they know of the Gospel.
 
I shared with Lu that the greatest gift of Christmas is that God sent His only son, Jesus Christ, to die to pay the penalty for our countless sins that we might have the free gift of eternal life.  I asked Lu if he believed .  "I've heard that before," Lu said.  "It's a good moral story."
 
I asked Lu why he didn't believe it's true.  "I've never seen it in history before," Lu said.  "Really," I responded.  I explained to Lu that Jesus's life, death, and resurrection are well-grounded in historical fact.  He seemed interested.  Unfortunately, we didn't have time to go deeper because he was working.  He now received news he never had before--that the best gift of Christmas, God's free gift of eternal life to each of us undeserving sinners who will repent and place our full faith and trust in the substitutionary death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, is not just a nice moral story.  It's a well-established, irrefutable historical fact of history.
 
For an outstanding explanation of the key historical evidence proving the fact of Jesus's life, death, and resurrection, watch this clip of world-renowned philosopher, William Lane Craig.  Take time to learn to defend the fact of Jesus's saving work on our behalf, so you can be equipped to share the greatest news of all.  MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment