THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

June 11, 2009

Day 4 - Witnessing Daily - Tatooed Ladies

Four Tatooed, Pierced Ladies in Line. We returned to Silver Dollar City today. The line to purchase tickets moved slowly. Behind me were four college-aged ladies who were waiting in line together. Two had the most striking, colorful, and intricate tatoos up and down their arms and across their shoulders. One had several places on her face pierced. I pulled out some million dollar bills and asked:


Me: Have you received one of these yet? (I gave one to each of them.)


Them: No. Those aren't real are they, one of them asked?


Me: No! There's no such thing as a million dollar bill. But, what's important about these bills is that they have the million dollar question on the back.

(They turned them over and started reading the question, which asks: "Will you go to heaven when you die? Here's a quick test." It then goes through four of the 10 commandments and asks them if they've broken them, lied, stolen, blasphemed, looked at another with lust ....") I let them read for a while and then asked ...


Me: If you died today, do you know where you'd spend eternity?

One of them: I'm not sure. Heaven ... I hope.

(I looked at the rest of them and they just looked at me as if to say ... "we don't have any idea where we'd go.")

Me: The bible says you can know for sure what your eternal destiny would be. It says that it's appointed for man to die once and after that to stand before God in judgment (Heb. 9:27; 2 Cor. 5:10). And God will judge us according to His moral law, the 10 commandments. As you just read, we'd all be guilty if judged by God's perfect moral standard. But God did something amazing so that you can be declared innocent, even though you aren't, and be granted the privilege of entering heaven for eternity. I explained to them how it's a legal transaction. We broke God's law, but Jesus paid our fine for us in His own life's blood so we don't have to pay the penalty ourselves with our own lives. Now God can legally let us "go free" and be granted eternal life, because justice has been done through His son. I then asked them if they wanted to know how to get the benefit of what Jesus did for them on the cross. They hesitated, but then said you're going to tell us, aren't you? I said I would if they wanted me to tell them. I concluded by telling them that the back of the tract explains the two steps that one must take in order to be born again (1) repent and (2) believe in Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Savior. I pray those four young ladies -- who didn't know where they'd spend eternity and who didn't know how to have eternal life -- will choose life and choose the Savior and choose to repent and follow Him daily, as the tract encourages them to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment