THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

September 2, 2009

Day 85 - Missions in Manila, Philippines

I had my first opportunity to share the gospel "in" Manila, Philippines! I just bought a wireless laser printer for my home office and for our home schooling needs. (There are now six of us with PCs who need to print from all over the house!) I tried to set it all up but it didn't seem to be working.

I called customer service for help. The young man's name was Jet. He was located in Manila in the Philippines. After about three hours, he finished helping me. During that time, I had a chance to get to know him quite well. He's the fourth of six kids. His dad is working in Canada. He's been with this company for four months. He's a Laker's fan. He loved to watch Michael Jordan. It's the rainy season in Manila.

At the end of the call, after he had completely taken care of me, he asked if there was anything else. I said yes, there is something else. I told him what a great job he had done and that I enjoyed working with him and getting to know him. I told him that I may never see him again this side of eternity but wanted to know if he knew where he would spend eternity when he died. Heaven he said. That's great, I responded. I asked him how he knew for sure. He gave me a works-based answer. Turns out he had been to four years of seminar with the Roman Catholic Church. We talked about salvation by grace and faith alone through repentance and trusting in the finished work of Christ (Mk. 1:15 and 1 John 5:11-13). He said that he had repented of his sins and is trusting in Christ for his salvation. I urged him, then, to follow Jesus with his life by "fishing for men" (Matt. 4:19).

I pray the Lord will use that encouragement and exhortation to impact Jet's life for time and eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment