THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

February 20, 2010

Day 209 - 225 - Gotta Quit Smokin'

She stood there waiting for her bus. I handed her a gospel tract and asked her if she knew where she would spend eternity if she died while waiting for her bus. Yes, she said. (I've learned that just about everyone in Tulsa thinks they're going to heaven. But, just as a doctor never takes my word for how I'm feeling but instead checks me out for signs and symptoms of good or bad health, I never take a person's first answer without further evaluation.) That's great, I replied. Do you mind if I ask how you know for sure, I asked her.

She looked down at the cigarette in her hand and said "I've gotta quit smokin' these first." I then asked her a question I learned from our church's training in the "Share Jesus without Fear" approach to sharing the gospel: "If what you believe about how to get to heaven isn't true, would you want to know that," I asked. "Sure," she said.

The door opened wide for me to share with her the full gospel. As her bus pulled up, I urged her to repent and trust in Jesus Christ alone as her Lord and Savior before it's too late. I hope she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment