THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

March 7, 2010

Day 233 - 242 - Do All Roads Lead to God?

At our hotel, there were two ladies cleaning rooms. I stopped to talk to them. Handed them gospel tracts and asked them if they knew where they were going when they died. They believed heaven but turns out they were Muslim. They believed that "we all believe in the same God" so it will all work out all right in the end. Will it, I asked? I explained that Jesus said that's not the case. He said he is "the way, the truth, and the life" and "no one comes to the Father except through him alone" (John 14.6).

I asked them to think about whether there is a chance they could be wrong. This is serious. They need to think about why they believe what they believe. It could make an eternal difference. I shared with them how Joseph Smith, like the founder of their faith, taught that an angel came to him and gave him the truth for all to follow. What's the difference between Smith and the founder of Islam, who said the same thing? They couldn't answer that question.

I asked them how they discern which of the three or other religions is the truth if they all claim to have exclusive truth. I urged them to consider the evidence, and there is abundant evidence that Jesus is who he claimed to be, God! The Way. The Truth. The Life. I hope they will turn to him before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment