THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

May 27, 2010

Day 331 - Going Up?

Opportunities to turn a conversation from the natural to the spiritual abound if we'll only be alert to them.  When arriving at work today, a father and two of his older teen sons were just getting on the elevator and asked me, "Going up?"  Now that presented a perfect opportunity.

"Yes," I answered enthusiastically, "I am."  I then asked, "Do you know for sure that you're going up?"  They looked at me trying to figure out exactly what I meant?  "Will you be going up when you die," I clarified.  "Oh," the dad said, "no one can know that for sure," he added.  "Yes you can," I responded happily.

As we started going up, I explained the bible says you can know for sure what your eternal destiny will be if you repent and trust Christ for salvation (Mk. 1:15).  I asked them if they had repented and trusted Christ.

That's how easy it can be turn a conversation to what matters most.  Go fish! 

"Follow me and I will teach you to fish for men!"  Jesus.  (Matt. 4:19).

No comments:

Post a Comment