THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

June 9, 2010

Day 344 - Delana Dilemma

Delana's dilemma showed on her face.  I stopped at a convenience store to get some gas and something to drink on my way to prepare some witnesses for their depositions.  I struck up a conversation with the clerk, Delana, since no one else was in the store.

She thought she was going to heaven.  I asked her if she knew what Jesus said to do to be saved.  She didn't know.

I explained to her that he said you must repent and believe (Mk. 1:15).  I asked her if she believed that Jesus died in her place to pay the penalty for her sins so she doesn't have to.  She believed that.  I asked her if she believed that he rose from the dead on the third day to prove he is God.  She believed that.  (1 Cor. 15:1-4).

I then explained to her what repentance means--(1) crying out to God for forgiveness of all of our sins, past, present, and future, and (2) turning from our own way to God's way, the narrow way following Jesus.  God commands all men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:31). I asked her if she had ever repented.

The dilemma appeared clear on her face.  She didn't say anything for a moment and the look on her face said it all.  She had never really repented.  She then blurted out--I've been baptized and saved.

I urged Delana to repent before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment