THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

August 23, 2009

Day 76 - Lukewarm Heart. Hot tears.

I had some concern about one of the 8th grade campers in my cabin. There were certain things he said and did that caused me to be concerned about his spiritual wellbeing. This afternoon, I had an opportunity to have some time to talk seriously with him about his walk with the Lord. I asked him if he would describe his walk as hot, cold, or in-between. In between, he shrugged. That kicked off a great discussion. A serious discussion, but he could sense my genuine concern about him. I got the sense that not too many people take the time to engage him very deeply. He's sort of the loner type and the type that could be easily misunderstood and blown off by the other kids. My initial concern was for his salvation, and we talked about that in the context of how God feels about the lukewarm and about what Jesus said to do in order to live a "hot" spiritual walk with Him. He began to shed some tears as we spoke. I could see that the Lord was touching his heart. He wasn't really sure when he repented of his sins and fully trusted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. We had a great talk about making that real and decisive and about following Jesus in truth--spending time in the Word daily and beginning to fish for men.

Later, in another one of our small group times with the other leaders and kids, some of the kids were challenged to pray about what they had learned in one of the chapel times. This young man stepped up with a great prayer and said some things that flowed out of our earlier conversation that really touched my heart and let me know that the Lord was doing a work in this young man's heart. I pray God will seal this young man's salvation and will cause him to grow hot for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment