THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

August 23, 2009

Day 77 - Deer in the Headlights

On the bus ride home from camp, I was in the front of the lead bus. There were two buses with kids and bags. While traveling down the highway, a deer jumped out of the tall grass off of the side of the road right into the front grill of the bus. There was a loud bang and I saw the deer rolling off into the ditch as the driver (the driver for Jesus I wrote about on Day 75) kept the bus steady and pulled us over to the side of the rode. The driver was shaken but we were all safe and no harm done. Just some damage to the front of the bus and knocked the glass out of the door. The driver from the other bus rushed up to meet us and see what happened.

The driver for Jesus said the Lord was definitely watching out for us, and the rest of us agreed. I then emphasized how vital it is that we make sure we know what our eternal destiny will be sense we never know when our last day will be. I asked the other driver, Jerry Ann, whether she was ready for her last day when it arrives. She looked at my like a deer in the headlights.

She said she believes in heaven but is not quite ready in her heart. I asked her what was holding her back. She said she just isn't quite ready but wants to be someday. I urged her not to delay but to secure her eternal destiny before it's too late, because she doesn't know that she'll have a chance to do so later. She repeated that she's just not ready yet.

Some other passengers walked over and the conversation got turned in another direction. I didn't follow up with her later about it and probably had some chances to do so. I regret that I didn't take advantage of the follow up opportunities. Though I share quite a bit with people, I still need to keep praying for boldness for myself, because people's eternal destiny is literally at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment