THE MISSION: Bring Great Glory to a Great Savior by telling people what Jesus did for great sinners and inspiring others to do the same.

August 26, 2009

Day 80 - Opportunities Abound. Taking Advantage?

Had dinner out with Shannon tonight at one of our favorite places, Ricardo's. The owner, Thomas Hunter, is a good friend and a believer.

When leaving tonight, I passed out some of the celebrity million dollar bills to four employees who had gathered near the exit. I asked them if they had ever received a million dollar tip. They loved them.

I told them they were gospel tracts and encouraged them to make sure they read them so they can confirm their eternal destiny. I then proceeded to the checkout. Since I was out of million dollar bills, I told the cashier, a young man, that I was all out of million dollar bills. He hadn't heard me talking to the other workers. Joking, he said he was all out, too. I told him that mine had the million dollar question on the back. He said his didn't have any questions, because they were real, and laughed. I told him the million dollar question is "will you go to heaven when you die?" I asked if he knew his eternal destiny. He wasn't sure. I urged him to make sure he knew because you never know when it will be too late.

My wife pulled out a tract. She handed it to him, and we talked to him about the good news and how the bible makes clear that we can know our eternal destiny. We encouraged him to read the tract and secure his eternal destiny before it's too late.

Later, we went to get some ice cream at a frozen custard shop. We shared tracts with the two employees working there. One wasn't sure about his eternal destiny. The other thought he was but had a hard time articulating the basis. We urged them both to read the tracts in order to know what they must do in order to be born again and secure their eternal destiny.

Opportunities abound. Are you taking advantage of the opportunities around you? Arm yourself with tracts and pass them out. Use them as ice breakers to start discussions about things that matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment